Helplink is a counselling service based in Galway, Ireland
Helplink approached us as they were not ranking competitively in organic search across their top 5 key search terms.
In addition to this, their Adwords campaigns were not showing in Google Search.
We identified that Helplink’s Adwords ad groups were not relevant to the chosen keywords. Also, their campaigns were not meeting Google’s Quality Score, and therefore their ads were not being shown. Due to this we implemented the following:
- Organised campaigns into specialised groups to ensure keywords were relevant
- Reduced search terms in each ad group to ensure all ads were relevant to the targeted search term
- Tested various heading and descriptions in ads to understand which text resonated with users the most
We analysed Helplink’s website and quickly realised that the website was very slow to load and quite difficult to navigate through. Also, the pages throughout the site were not optimised for specific search terms. Therefore we carried out the below to work to improve these issues:
- Designed a new sitemap, and implemented an easier navigation system
- Carried out a short term maintenance of the site to achieve a better performance
- Reduced the amount of unnecessary and broken plugins running on the site.
- Fleshed out content to provide more relevant information for users
- Identified keywords with high monthly searches and low competition
- Optimised content based on the keywords identified above
After completing the work for Helplink we analysed our SEO and Adwords efforts to find:
- Keywords previously ranking on pages 3 to 10, now ranking on pages 1 to 2
- Adwords campaigns previously saw a 2.3% average CTR, now are seeing an average of 8.6% CTR
- Website is now categorised and easily navigated around
- Page load speeds were greatly reduced.